Saturday, September 24, 2011

A good cry

My wife is at a slumber party tonight. I guess those don't go out of fashion for the girls.
So I rented Brokeback Mountain. I already knew the story, but to see it was amazing. I wept, and I don't cry except for funerals. I needed that so badly I didn't even know.
The last couple of weeks have been rocky between us. I think though that we've worked some stuff out. We're coming up on a year since I came out to my wife. Here's hoping for many more.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

4 comments:

Forester said...

Nothing like watching a movie alone and crying. I can't believe it's been a year since you came out to your wife. I'm getting pretty close to doing the same. I'm just tired of hiding it all the time. I want to be able to do things (good things) without having to do them behind her back.

recover and thrive said...

I remember when I watched it on tv when my wife was out -I loved it - I didn't know the story and it was pretty freaking amazing to watch - I've watched it a couple times since, but don't know if I can watch certain parts ever again - it definately got me crying. those moments alone are pretty precious, eye opening and refreshing in a way. and I do hope you have many years to come with your wife - I'm sure she is pretty amazing.

Miguel said...

Sometimes a good cry is all it takes to get all the emotions out. I'll probably need to watch it again. Hope you get feeling better soon.
Hugs,Miguel

Beck said...

Getting caught up to this subject: I just went through "a good cry" this weekend watching a film... It wasn't Brokeback but I must admit that when I watched Brokeback, I bawled in my hotel room... It destroyed me. I have been resistant of watching it again, but maybe I should as I'm in the "crying" mood...